Capital Campaign: Evolving Community
The Alder Springs community is asking for your support to help construct this $3,500,000 expansion.
- One Time Donation Online
- Recurring Donation Online
- Custom Recurring Donation - Pledge Card
- Custom Recurring Donation - Online Pledge Card
Give an immediate single payment gift online.
An amount given online and repeated as specified.
Set a fixed amount paid over 1-7 years as specified on our mailed in Pledge Card.
Get Pledge Card
Set a fixed amount paid over 1-7 years as specified on our online Pledge Card.
Make a Pledge
Alder Springs nonprofit mission is to provide a safe, secure, and affordable independent-living apartment community designed and focused on the unique needs of the Deaf, DeafBlind, Blind, and Hard-of-Hearing, including enriching the education experience of students at NC School for the Deaf.
Our vision is to tightly weave the Deaf and Blind and their incredible stories and abilities into the vibrant, diverse fabric of our actively evolving Morganton/Burke community.
Phase 2 Expansion Campaign
Ways to Give
Receive a Pledge Card for custom donations, multi-year pledges, gifts in Honor or Memory, and campaign information. Or print your own here.
Life at Alder Springs
As one of its first Deaf residents, Alder Springs is my secure and fulfilling community. I love it here and want it to grow so others can too.
Campaign Building Expansion Focus
2nd Apartment Building
- 25,000 sqft, 25 apartments on 3 floors with balconies
- 13 1BR (701-739 sqft), 6 2BR (1029 sqft)
- Introducing 6 Studio (515 sqft)
- Multiple floorplans, more efficient layouts
- Efficient kitchens with more storage space, more navigable by wheelchair or cart
- Guest bathrooms in 1BR and 2BR
- Additional service elevator
- Central storage room. Available to every apartment at no charge
- 7,000 sqft hub of resident life; free standing, centrally located
- Large flexible use hall (over 100 table seating) with catering kitchen
- Small flexible use hall (up to 40 table seating)
- Flexible use classroom(s); Small lending library
- Rentable resident storage room
- Campus vending room with blind-friendly machines
- Property Managers Office and campus mailroom (24 hour access)
- Attractive covered drive-thru entrance to welcoming lobby
Alder Springs and its residents bridge the educational community, our Deaf community, and the city and county. Every citizen will benefit as we work together to integrate our Deaf, DeafBlind and Blind neighbors and the diversity they bring to our area.”