Become a Resident
Alder Springs is a close community of peers where neighbors understand and support each other. Barrier-free communication and multi-leveled security systems make it an ideal place for peaceful, independent living.
Safety & Security (click for more information) See picture for location)
Alder Springs Agreements, Policies and Forms (click for more information)
Live in a place that is...
- A safe & secure, tightly knit community of peers (testimonial)
- Communication friendly and technologically advanced
- An easy walk to the downtown business district
- A regular stop on the local public transit system
- Located in Morganton NC – welcoming the deaf and blind since 1891
- Home to abundant private interpreters and support services
- Located in popular and livable Western NC
At Alder Springs...
- Active social life – two Activity Rooms for gatherings, games, events
- Inclusion in events of the broader deaf population
- Involvement in improving deaf and deaf/blind education
In Morganton, NC & Beyond...
- Home to many graduates of NC School for the Deaf (established 1891)
- The heart of a vibrant regional deaf population
- Local and regional deaf clubs and activities
Residents waiting during the fire drill
Chatting in the parking lot after the fire drill
Even our pets practice fire drills