Become a Resident
Alder Springs is a close community of peers where neighbors understand and support each other. Barrier-free communication and multi-leveled security systems make it an ideal place for peaceful, independent living.
Safety & Security (click for more information)
Alder Springs Agreements & Policies (click for more information)
Live in a place that is...
- A safe & secure, tightly knit community of peers (testimonial)
- Communication friendly and technologically advanced
- An easy walk to the downtown business district
- A regular stop on the local public transit system
- Located in Morganton NC – welcoming the deaf and blind since 1891
- Home to abundant private interpreters and support services
- Located in popular and livable Western NC
At Alder Springs...
- Active social life – two Activity Rooms for gatherings, games, events
- Inclusion in events of the broader deaf population
- Involvement in improving deaf and deaf/blind education
In Morganton, NC & Beyond...
- Home to many graduates of NC School for the Deaf (established 1891)
- The heart of a vibrant regional deaf population
- Local and regional deaf clubs and activities
- Currently offering 1 and 2 bedroom apartments with balcony
- Open floor plan for kitchen/living area
- Easily navigable apartments and common areas and grounds
- Laundry closet and storage
- See Also – Proposed Future Expansion
- Data technology transmits excellent quality visual, voice, data, and video
- Fiber-optic cable broadband delivering cable TV (capable of customized closed captioning), high speed internet and telephone
- Electronic visitor identification system
- Magnetic-lock building entrances accessible by fob
- Visible/Audible fire alarms and smoke detectors
- Water overflow sensors
- Wireless pager alert system for deaf/blind